Saturday 8 October 2011

Project 365: Week 2


Day 8 (12/9/11)


So, 8 days in, I successfully managed to forget to take a photo... oops. Being somewhat ashamed of myself, I'm pretending this is from Day 8 even though it's from Day 4. I'm a complete and utter sucker for Japanese food, so Nick got a voucher to Wasabi Bistro from one of those group-signup deal sites. This was one of 7 delicious courses - having tuna sushi covered with salmon is somewhat extravagant and ridiculously tasty.

Day 9 (13/9/11)

Two days failure in a row! And this time I don't even have a backup photo - how upsetting.

Day 10 (14/9/11)


This is Warm Ted, one of my favourite teddy bears, going around and around in the microwave. His body is full of lovely little heat beads that keep you warm when he's heated up, but watching a teddy going around in the microwave for 3 minutes is somewhat terrifying.

Day 11 (15/9/11)


My workplace is overstocked with awesome things - aside from a ping pong table and a foosball table and more junkfood than you can shake a stick at, we have a very well-kept stationery cupboard. I realised there were so many different colours of fluro Post-It notes that I couldn't do anything but take them all and make a stack out of them, and seeing the result, how can you blame me?

Day 12 (16/9/11)


Aside from being very well-stocked, my company likes to throw elaborate parties. When asked to pick a theme for one of them, my team went through a long, strange and convoluted process and arrived at "Communist Zombies". I volunteered to be a bar tender and so got the full undead treatment. I've definitely looked better!

Day 13 (17/9/11)


This is Nick having a picnic for his birthday. He's an amazingly organised person but it took a lot of convincing to make him have a party, so he had it exactly a month and a day after the actual date. It turned out to be terrible timing however - Nick's friend in the background of the photo was celebrating his birthday that day!

Day 14 (18/9/11)


I somehow got wind of the fact that the major cinema complex in the city was having a charity pre-screening of the Lion King in 3D, so Nick and his sister and I hurried off to go see it. It turned out to be even better than I thought - there were balloons and some face-painting, and the majority of the audience were adults in their late twenties who we reliving their childhoods very enthusiastically (just like I was!) I've never seen people clap so much in a cinema. Go see it if you haven't yet - it's the first 3D remastering that I've seen in which the 3D actually improves the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment