Sunday 29 December 2013

Cushiony Goodness

Hello girls and boys, I'm back! It's been a long while since I made anything - life got in the way! - but I've started up again recently so I figured I'd share.

The recent flurry of making really started because I moved house. Two things happened - firstly, I finally managed to give my sewing machine its own little permanent corner of my room. I headed off to Ikea and bought a desk and a pretty chair, and the desk is just the right size to keep my machine and material stash in it.





Secondly, we needed new cushion covers. I had a lovely black and white cotton knit that I picked up at Fabric-a-Brac that was just begging to be made into something, and our new couch is blue, so a monochrome cushion cover was perfect.





It turned out to be a bit more fiddly than I expected. I've never worked with a knit before, and ironing interfacing onto it was a pain as the edges kept rolling up. Plus I discovered that I'd forgotten how to sew cushion covers, so it took a few false starts and quick-unpicks to get it right. It turned out really well though, it looks great and the knit is lovely and soft and it's the perfect size for hugging!




If you'd like a cushion for yourself, head over to Etsy - there's one ready and waiting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment