Wednesday 9 November 2011

Project 365 - Week 3

Day 15 (19/09/11)


I live close enough to work that I can walk in and part of the (rather lengthy!) trip involves crossing the Harbour Bridge. I've lived in Sydney my whole life, so I've become somewhat desensitised to how beautiful the city actually is, and hardly ever look up anymore when I'm walking across the Bridge. It was nice to stop and appreciate the harbour for a little while even if it was just for a minute or two to take a photo.

Day 16 (20/09/11)


My team at work has been working towards one major goal for almost two years now, and we finally released the product. Apparently when you manage something like that 3pm champagne is just to be expected :)

Day 17 (21/09/11)


I love my apartment - it's located in a nice area, it's quite large, and my room fits a queen sized bed. But all the walls are stark white and Steph and I haven't done a good job of fixing that. This was the start of an overhaul of my room - Nick found all the maps we used on our big Europe trip in the middle of the year and thought they'd make nice wall posters, so I started blutac-ing them up to the wall.

Day 18 (22/09/11)


Ever since I got my Toad and Koopa Troopa soft toys and brought them in to work, everyone's assumed I just like toys. Some of my work friends got me Bert and Ernie toys for my birthday at the start of the year, and we got bored and decided to teach Bert how to type one lazy afternoon.

Day 19 (23/09/11)


As well as the 3pm champagne on Day 16, we got to celebrate our success with a team building pizza making class. There was a competition to see who could make the best pizza so we got creative with our inner geeks and made Pac Man pizzas :) The Pac Man was mine, and basically comprised a layer of mushrooms, anchovies and pepperoni covered in enough cheese to give you a heart attack. Eating it was almost as fun as making it!


Day 20 (24/09/11)


It took me a couple of days, but I finally finished what I started on Day 17. This is my holiday wall, complete with maps, some nice prints from Montmatre, and various tickets and postcards I picked up around Europe and the USA. It makes for a nice change from the big white wall that it used to be.

Day 21 (25/09/11)


For my birthday, I got one of the most thoughtful presents I've received in a while in the form of a couple of books of knitting patterns. In about March I decided to make one of the jackets that was in the book figuring I'd have it ready for Winter. How wrong I was! I finally finished making the pieces after knitting on planes, trains and automobiles, in 3 different continents, over the course of about 6 months :)

No comments:

Post a Comment